Thursday, July 9, 2015

Cup of Joy! using FMS #194

It's been quite a week at our house...both of our dogs had to go to the vet for emergencies.  Chip managed to sprain his leg and Kirby developed a large lump on his neck that turned out to be an abscess.  Both are home recovering and are in good spirits.  So thankful for that!  

In the midst of all the craziness, I managed to escape to my little craft room and create a sweet card using the latest Freshly Made Sketch.  I love these sketches because they really challenge me to make something totally different than my normal projects.  So on that note, check out my card:

I love turquoise and brown together so I started with a brown polka dot paper for the background and popped two squares on top of that.  The camel colored square is stamped with a sentiment from Two Paper Divas that says, "Cup of Joy!"  The turquoise square has two coffees/hot chocolate on it that are also stamps from Two Paper Divas.  Brown and white twine and some sequins really finish this card off!  Wouldn't this card be perfect for someone on the mend or a friend that loves coffee?

Thanks for stopping by Kirby's Kards and checking out my latest creation!

Make it a great day!
Jenny

5 comments:

  1. Nothing like coffee with a friend! Cute card.....perfect colors! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun image to use for this challenge. I have it on my list to do but haven't decided what image to use! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card! I love those little coffee cups! Definitely perfect for someone who loves coffee! Love the colour combination! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete