Saturday, September 19, 2015

Have a "Tie"rific Birthday!

"Cause every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man!"  Do you remember that song by ZZ Top?  When I hear that, I always think of my Uncle Sam!  He's always had a suit and tie kind of job and I can remember teasing him as a little kid that he had soooooooo many neckties, but they certainly gave him sharp dressed look.  Well, Uncle Sam's birthday is next week so as I was thinking about what kind of card to make, I knew these little neckties were just perfect!  


I started with a couple "manly" gray and brown papers for my backgrounds.  The outer paper has been die cut with little stitches around the edges.  The next paper was cut and popped to add some dimension and then a smaller kraft paper was also cut and popped as well.  These adorable ties are from Two Paper Divas stamp set "For a Special Guy."  They were all stamped in brown ink on kraft paper and then cut out and popped.  The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is also from Two Paper Divas.  I then added a brown leaf stick pin in the center of my brown and white twine bow.

Check out the inside of my card:


Thanks for taking a few minutes to check out my latest birthday card for my special Uncle Sammy! 


Make it a great day!
Jenny 

2 comments:

  1. Great "man" card. They are tough and yours turned out great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gray and brown combo. You and your Uncle look so cute! He will love his card. Mel

    ReplyDelete