Saturday, May 16, 2015

Seams like forever...

Some of my favorite clothes growing up were handmade by my mom.  In the 80's it was more cost effective to make your own clothing, so that's what my mom did. She made all of my dresses, jumpers and skirts from patterns that she bought.  The best part about this was that you could pick out which fabrics to use and what colors you wanted your clothes to be.  I remember we had a few matching outfits, which I thought was super cool! :)  I miss those days!  Do any of you remember you or your mom making your own clothes?  Now days, kids wouldn't even know what a pattern is and it's not as economical.    

Check out my latest creation featuring two new stamp sets by Two Paper Divas.  The pincushion topper is from "Large Mason Jar Toppers" and the sentiment and scissors are from the set "Sew Much Fun." 


I don't know if you can see around the edges, but I used a stitched die cut to tie in the sewing theme on this card.  I liked the aqua checked paper with all the red accents.  The mason jar was stamped and cut out as well as the pincushion topper.  I added a couple of stick pins to the topper and filled the jar with aqua buttons.  The scissors have been colored with Copics and cut out and popped.  Isn't the "Seams like forever..." a sweet little sentiment?  To finish this sewing card off, I added a burlap and red stitched bow and a couple of sequins which are also from Two Paper Divas.


Last week, I told you I would show you a picture of my grandma's antique thread box.  I was blessed to inherit it from my Grandma Flora.  It works perfectly in my little card making room.  The drawers are large enough to hold all those 12x12 papers, thread, ribbon, dies, ink pads, etc.  I LOVE IT!!!


Thanks for stopping by Kirby's Kards to check out my latest card!

Make it a great day!
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Jenny the card is sew cute and will probably remind ladies of their moms sewing creations for them. Good job! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute for words!! Hugs, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another adorable card! Isn't it wonderful to have such precious things from our grandmas? I inherited by grandma's recipe box! Priceless! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete